Saturday 1 February 2014

Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper February challenge


Welcome to
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge

There are loads of challenge blogs around, but, as far as I know, there is a gap that needs to be filled:


A challenge that is always about using
Patterned Papers on cards

which is why I started

Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge

I don't know about you, but I have enough patterned papers
to keep me going for a very long time

so let's make sure we use plenty of them

The monthly challenge will always be 'anything goes' as long as you cover your card blank with patterned paper or card, using any size or shape of card that you wish - there are no other rules! You can add embellishments if you wish, stamp, emboss etc - but you must cover your card blank with patterned paper or card. The card can be for any occasion.

You will be able to enter as many times as you wish during the month and link with as many other challenges as allow you to do so.

You can scroll down to see the winner for the January challenge or click on the link here.

As I have an abundance of patterned paper - 12 x 12, 8 x 8, 6 x 6, A4 - I'm going to give a prize each month to the randomly chosen winner. I'm willing to post anywhere in the world, so that means that anyone can enter regardless of where you live.

February challenge

This is the prize for February, which will be given to one randomly chosen winner - Docrafts Papermania Capsule collection 'spots and stripes pastels' 12 x 12 - 32 paper pack:


This is my first card - I've covered the card blank with Hunkydory patterned card, on to which I've matted a Lili of the Valley art pad picture and a Craftwork cards sentiment circle - you can read more about this on My Crafty Outlook here:


Mid-month update: It is wonderful to see so many entries again this month - please keep them coming. Apologies if I haven't got round to leaving you an individual comment yet - I will do, but life has been a bit difficult recently (well, a bit more difficult than usual - lol!).

I'm adding this card that you can read about here - I've used papers that haven't seen the light of day for a long time - it was good to get them out again:


And this is a simple card made with some old Kanban paper for my CHNC challenge 164 - closed now.


If your cards happen to fit the theme for the week on my CHNC challenge blog, please feel free to add there as well and also for my CHNC challenge extra blog, which is always 'anything goes as long as it's Christmas.

Remember that for this Patterned Paper challenge cards
can be for any occasion.

Please become a follower of this blog and also advertise it on your own blog so that others see it and join in - you may use the logo from the sidebar.

February's challenge will end at 20:00 UK time 28 February. The randomly chosen winner will be announced at 23:00 UK time on 28 February and a new challenge will start at midnight on 1 March.

Please include a link to this blogpost within the post for your creation. Please add your link to inlinkz. If by any chance it disappears, please leave a comment with the link to your blog post and I will make sure it is added.

Please continue to spread the word about this new challenge blog - thank you. And don't forget that you must cover your card blank with patterned paper or card.

A note about linky - Inlinkz has changed it's default link up to the new way that you might not yet be familiar with. In fact I chose the code for the old widget, but it still produced the new one. If you experience any difficulty, please get in touch with me and I'll help you link up. Thanks for your patience.

30 comments:

  1. A quick question Hazel - are we allowed to leave a small border around all four edges of the card? I make quite a few cards with a very slim edge between the card and the paper so just wanted to check xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking about this one and, yes, I think it's acceptable - I tend to make quite a few like that myself. Please go ahead and add them when you wish. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hazel! I will be able to enter through out the month now as I do leave a thin border a lot xx

      Delete
    2. Thanks Hazel - I had the same question!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the answer above, Hazel, I often use a thin border around my patterned paper. I just added your badge to my blog - sorry I didn't have it there last month. Beautiful card you made - sweet image - I am enjoying the inspiration from your challenge to use my patterned paper. Wishing you a joyful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great challenge, Hazel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just added another card to the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have just added 2 cards to the link. The second one only has half the card covered with patterned paper so if it is not acceptable just delete it. thank you.
    Hope you are feeling better soon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another challenge Hazel, but such a good one. It's just what I need - encouragement to use up all those lovely patterned papers I have stashed away, especially as my target this year is to use all my stash before I make one more purchase :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How do I not know about this challenge?!?!? I am like the patterned paper PRINCESS.... I could open my own store... cards are naked without it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Hazel! Love your card, image and papers!
    Hugs, Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is so lovely. Good inspiration for us. I am really enjoying this new challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for the inspiration....great projects.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super challenge hazel - I will have your badge on my blog and let others know - enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful card you made Hazel. And thanks for this wonderful new challenge. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck to everyone. so many nice cards.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great creations! Good luck to everyone!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Back with another card...You are at 217 now...well done! This is such a fun challenge that i can see why it is so popular.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a great idea! Thank you so much for organising this challenge, your card is a wonderful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness! You have so many entries! Well done with this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely challenge, not sure if mine fits as I took out my 'numbers' paper and just left the 'bits' of backing papers!
    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just what I had in mind, Hazel!! Obviously from the entries, this was indeed a challenge that needed a home!! Mrs. A. kindly told me to link with you. I'll say no thank you kindly to the prize offer, however, as I have TONS of beautiful PP to use up!! Now if you make it a choccie or a toddy ... Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hazel - just heard of this challenge from Darnell's blog - WOW - congrats on finding an un-tapped niche - this is a popular challenge -- Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Popping back in to drop off another card. The challenge is sure fulling up! You have a hit here, Hazel!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just came across this challenge through Darnell's blog. You have obviously found a niche - congratulations on your success Hazel!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hazel: just found you through Darnell, who found you through Mrs. A. Awesome challenge, because I love x love my patterned papers! Adding this to my Feedly! Thanks Hazel, for filling this gap!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  25. Popping in with another card for your fabulous challenge.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin